Subject: [Leica] Shanghaied a Shanghai camera in Shanghai
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Tue Jun 22 16:45:43 2004

At 03:32 PM 6/22/2004, Karen Nakamura wrote:
>No, unfortunately I only speak about 20 words of Putonghua (Mandarin). In
>Shanghai, they also have their own special dialect unique to the city.

Ha ha, if my meager Mandarin is good enough, I think Pu tong hua is just
"common speech." Sort of like "What does <xxx, e.g. Lakota> mean in their
language" and the answer is usually "The People."

>I can only speak English, Japanese, Japanese Sign Language, and American
>Sign Language. I'd like to eventually get good enough in Mandarin and
>Korean to communicate. Which is why I'm here, in part.

Woohoo. Good luck and thanks for your translation about the R-D1 info. I
myself will be in Naharii in about... 3 weeks. I hope to spend a couple
days in Tokyo and may be pick a R-D1 up if it is available then :-)

use richard@imagecraft.com)

Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man) ([Leica] Shanghaied a Shanghai camera in Shanghai)
Message from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Shanghaied a Shanghai camera in Shanghai)