Subject: [Leica] declining quality of writing
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon)
Date: Wed Jun 23 23:05:18 2004

Feli wrote: "A few years ago I read "The Fountainhead". This is by far the
scariest book  I have ever come across. I don't agree with a lot of Rand's
philosophy;  it's a little too red meat, survival of the fittest for my
taste, but the way she describes the rise of mediocrity and "the lowest
common denominator" thinking is a real eye opener. Especially because the
parallels to our world
 and the one she describes in the book and are just a little too close for
comfort."

If the "Fountainhead" scared you, don't read "Atlas Shrugged" Like Feli I
don't agree with too much of Rand's philosophy  "Objectivism" or "Art of
Selfishness" Rand was surely prescient with the writing of "Atlas" . My
reading "Atlas" was the consequence of writing an old neighbor/family
friend, and long time U.S. Congressman asking him for a "suggested" reading
list..."Atlas Shrugged" was at the top, followed by Hayek's "Road to
Serfdom" and von Mises "Human Action"

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] declining quality of writing)
Message from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] declining quality of writing)