Subject: [Leica] declining quality of writing
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Thu Jun 24 10:28:04 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 23:13, Jon wrote:

> If the "Fountainhead" scared you, don't read "Atlas Shrugged" Like Feli I
> don't agree with too much of Rand's philosophy  "Objectivism" or "Art of
> Selfishness" Rand was surely prescient with the writing of "Atlas" . My
> reading "Atlas" was the consequence of writing an old neighbor/family
> friend, and long time U.S. Congressman asking him for a "suggested" reading
> list..."Atlas Shrugged" was at the top, followed by Hayek's "Road to
> Serfdom" and von Mises "Human Action"

Too late. I read "Atlas Shrugged" and found it to be more muddled than
Fountainhead. The first 1/3 moves right along, but IMO Rand could have
chopped a good 300 pages out of the middle, because she makes the same
point over and over and over again. "Anthem" is short and concise but
she keeps it to one subject; "ego".

Feli

--
Feli di Giorgio