Subject: [Leica] declining quality of writing
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Thu Jun 24 17:07:42 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 12:38, B. D. Colen wrote:
> How could Rand have cut a single word? After all, her philosophy
> dictates that what she does she does for herself, to satisfy her ego,
> not to satisfy some bizarre desire of yours that she meet some standard
> of "quality writing" imposed by a group of "experts" whose only purpose
> is to force mediocrity upon us! :-)

Oh, yes. But I think she lost that argument when she approved the
screenplay for the film with Gary Copper...
;-)

> I have to admit that at a certain point in my life - probably somewhere
> in my teens - I discovered The Fountain Head and Atlas Shrugged and
> loved them. Which, given how complete ego and hormone driven teenagers
> are, makes perfect sense. What doesn't make sense is what that a
> theoretically mature adult could have written than swill. ;-)
>
> B. D.

Oh, I enjoyed reading them, I just don't know if her survival-of-the-fittest
and-you're-a-waste-of-oxygen-if-your-IQ-is-lower-than-mine theory is all that
practical for daily use. Did you know that Allen Greenspan supposedly was one
of her proof readers?
8-)

Feli

Replies: Reply from jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon) ([Leica] declining quality of writing)