Subject: [Leica] Tina and Her Computer: Lightening Strike!
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Fri Jun 25 06:37:02 2004

If lightning strikes, it does not matter if the computer or any other item
is turned on or off.  If you wanted to protect it you unplug it.  Surge
protectors give some help, especially if it is not a direct hit.  But the
only guarantee is to disconnect it completely.  I do this every time I
leave on a trip or if a thunder storm warning is issued. I unplug the power
and antenna leads from my radios and electrical and phone lines from the
computer.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>     |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           06/24/2004 08:29 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
               |
  |       cc:
               |
  |       Subject:  [Leica] Tina and Her Computer:  Lightening Strike!
               |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Tina

Do you mean that you left your computer ON while you were gone?  Argh!
This is most environmentally unfriendly, as it both consumes electricity
unnecessarily and adds ozone to the atmosphere for no reason.

In all honesty, there was a report released on this a week or two back
asking us all to turn our computers off when we are not using them for
these reasons.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!