Subject: [Leica] leica gallery comment
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Sat Jun 26 18:58:36 2004

I wouldn't give it another thought. It's just a vent. Getting into a
confrontation will only elicit vitriolic retorts.
Emotion are high right now, and the best place when a slapping contest is
under way, is out of the way.
Some time ago, while shooting a demo in LA  put on by the Jewish/American
and Israeli community over the bombings, I had similar situation take place.
Two kids, Lebanese I think, who said they drove all the way from San Diego
to counter demonstrate, got into it with the Jewish/American and Israeli
demonstrators.
So here we were, shooting as these kids got bloodied, when some very serious
folks, from the demonstrators side, walked over and asked me personally
whose side was I on. Problem with me, when that happens, I take a step
forward, digging into the personal space.
As I had my press credentials out, I held it up, and asked them to look at
my name, and have them tell me which side I was on. They looked at it , then
my face, then again my credentials, then again my face. At which point they
started slinking away without saying a word. I called after them, asking
them to tell me which side I was on. Not a word, and not another look at my
face.
S. Dimitrov