Subject: [Leica] Noctilux defence - How dare you, B.D.!!
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Sat Jun 26 23:30:47 2004

>Tina,
>
>Those are beautiful, wonderful images, and they show the great abilities of
>the Noctilux.  I don't understand, however, your one comment:
>
>>  If you can see the bokeh, you should not be
>> using the Noctilux!!
>

>Do you mean the opposite?   If you can't see the bokeh, then you are stopped
>down and don't need the Noctilux.  If you can see the bokeh, then you are
>wide open and you do need the Noctilux.
>
>Bob

    I may be reading Tina wrong but I believe she meant exactly what she
said; i.e., if you can see the bokeh, then there's enough light present
to use a lens with a smaller maximum aperture. If that's NOT what she
meant, then I suppose I missed her point. Even so, I'm not sure I agree
as the subject's background will have a decided effect upon the presence
or absence of bokeh.

Walker

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Noctilux defence - How dare you, B.D.!!)