Subject: [Leica] B&W Films/Developers
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Sat Jun 26 20:37:36 2004

>I can't really tell you about scanning too much, but I use HC110 in
>1:63 dilution at 24 degrees, for between 8 and 10 minutes, and I have
>had wonderful stable results. I do use Rodinal as well, but the grain
>seems more apparent with it. I would like to hear about film developer
>combinations from others as well.

Today I loaded a roll of FP-4 into my camera and took off for Macon, GA.
The only decent photo shop in town is Coke's so I paid them a visit.
They didn't have X-tol, which I really wanted to try, and they were also
out of Rodinal. On a whim, I bought a bottle of Edwal's FG-7......... a
BAD mistake! When I left the store, I walked around and exposed the roll
of film and then came home. When I developed the roll, it came out the
clearest piece of film you've ever seen! Not even the leader - fully
exposed to light - was developed! The developer has apparently gone bad
and I should have guessed when it came from the bottle an orange color.
I should have gotten Accufine or HC-110. But I didn't and now I can look
forward to a return trip on Monday for either a refund or exchange. I
won't be buying any more chemicals from them that don't have a
reasonable turn over on the shelf.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................... :^(

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] B&W Films/Developers)
Reply from lists at heninger.org (Wade Heninger) ([Leica] B&W Films/Developers)