Subject: [Leica] Re:Chillida Leku
From: fmaturana at euskalnet.net (Felix Lopez de Maturana)
Date: Tue Jun 29 15:35:45 2004

>Felix,
>
>Your pictures are very handsome and they get across the monumentality of
the
>sculptures very well.  I see what you mean about the visually wonderful
>contrast between the green grass and the rust of the metal sculptures.
>Where is this?
>
>Bob

Thanks Bob

This field is where the sculptor, who died some months ago, had his manor or
better cottage. It's Hernani a village near San Sebastian, Basque Country,
Spain. Now is a plain air sculpture museum where most of his work is
exhibited. I've been there several times for walking, it's a peaceful place
and I'm very found of modern sculpture, well, of sculpture in general.
Chillida is a good artist though I do prefer another  Basque, Oteiza. My
favourite is anyway Henry Moore.

Felix

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Re:Chillida Leku)