Subject: [Leica] Re: ACDSee
From: MEB at GoodPhotos.com (Michael E. Berube)
Date: Tue Jun 29 19:07:21 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:04:46 -0700 (PDT), Nathan quoth unto the boundless
Ether...
>I rarely gush about software, but yesterday I downloaded a 30-day
>trial version of ACDSee, a viewer and organizer for images. I was so
>impressed with its capabilities that within 2 hours I had decided
>that the trial was over and bought the software. Occasionally
>someone asks about such things here, and this is the answer.

I've loved ACDSee since ver. 5 and even bought the upgrade, (now on 6.03)
but
now that I'm shooting RAW NEFs I can't use it. ACDSee is blind to NEF so I
upgraded to Photoshop CS and have to use the new built in browser. If I can
figure out how to look at multiple folders at once and can sort by WHEN the
image was first shot (like you can with ACDSee), then I'd be in heaven with
CS's browser and not miss ACDSee. This 'exposure time stamp sort' method
makes
putting multiple cards from multiple cameras in storyboard order MUCH easier.
I suppose if ACDSee put in the ability to see NEFs (D70 version) I'd
probably

Be well,
Michael Eric Berube
GoodPhotos.com