Subject: [Leica] Re: ACDSee
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jun 29 20:58:22 2004

On 6/29/04 7:01 PM, "Michael E. Berube" <MEB@GoodPhotos.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:04:46 -0700 (PDT), Nathan quoth unto the boundless
> Ether...
>> I rarely gush about software, but yesterday I downloaded a 30-day
>> trial version of ACDSee, a viewer and organizer for images. I was so
>> impressed with its capabilities that within 2 hours I had decided
>> that the trial was over and bought the software. Occasionally
>> someone asks about such things here, and this is the answer.
>
> I've loved ACDSee since ver. 5 and even bought the upgrade, (now on 6.03)
> but
> now that I'm shooting RAW NEFs I can't use it. ACDSee is blind to NEF so I
> upgraded to Photoshop CS and have to use the new built in browser. If I can
> figure out how to look at multiple folders at once and can sort by WHEN the
> image was first shot (like you can with ACDSee), then I'd be in heaven with
> CS's browser and not miss ACDSee. This 'exposure time stamp sort' method
> makes
> putting multiple cards from multiple cameras in storyboard order MUCH
> easier.
> I suppose if ACDSee put in the ability to see NEFs (D70 version) I'd
> probably
>
> Be well,
> Michael Eric Berube
> GoodPhotos.com

What about that Silverfast HDR software which works like the scanning
software in many ways but is for processing raw files and also other things?
http://www.silverfast.com/show/silverfast-hdr/en.html

I've been moving up I think to Silverfast and also looking at their other
software.
ACDsee was the free stuff which came with my Digilux and didn't seem like
much to me. I excommunicated it.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon