Subject: [Leica] Was: Second attempt - PAWs - is Leica Purism
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (DouglasMSharp@netscape.net)
Date: Thu Jul 1 04:46:46 2004

Felix,
Leica are still trying to find which station to catch the train at. Like
the German Railways (believe it or not) they have been
running late for years.
As to what equipment was used to take our posted images - I personally
don't give a damn what it was taken with - if it's
Leica then, according to the myths, we will all recognise the fact
immediately, if not we can all get complacent and say
"it might have been a decent shot if the guy had used a Leica". This
must be enough to keep the technical/optical purists
happy. For me the main thing is good images which we can all share and
enjoy (or not).
I use mostly Leica stuff but I have nothing against a Tamron 28-200 zoom
for snapshots (with a Leica body) or the
various Cosina/Voigtl?nder lenses, and my favourite macro lens is a
Yashica 2.8/55mm - is this heresy ?
Comparing different marques and systems is all part of the fun.
regards
Douglas