Subject: [Leica] filter on a summitar
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Thu Jul 1 05:54:06 2004

There are threads deep inside the lens ring right next to the front
element.  You really have to look hard to see them.  The Summitar takes
special filters made for that lens.  I managed to buy a couple a few
years ago from a fellow LUGger.

An alternative is to use the 12585 lens shade made for the Summicron.
If you are careful you can mount series-6 filters in the shade as you
clip it on the lens.

Mike D

Replies: Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] filter on a summitar)