Subject: [Leica] Eric's latest from July
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Sun Jul 11 17:30:00 2004

Hi Eric,

FWIW I think I like the color version better.  The black and white one
is a bit too contrasty.  It might just be my LCD screen, but look at the
area under your daughter's left eye.  In the B&W version this area goes
very dark, while in the color the tones are quite delicate.  Also her
lips go very dark in the B&W.  You might want to work on it a little
with the channel mixer to get the tones right.

In any case it is an extraordinarily nice image!  The people, their
expressions, and the lighting come together beautifully.

Mike D