Subject: [Leica] Easton Maudit Northamptonshire #8
From: geebeephoto at fsmail.net (Graham Battison)
Date: Thu Jul 1 23:06:05 2004

>From : "Ted Grant"
Subject : Re: [Leica] Easton Maudit Northamptonshire #8

Graham Battison showed:
> Sheltering from the rain under some Cedar trees.
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp2/Easton_Maudit_08.html <,

Graham,
"Rain or shine you did it again!" ;-)

Is there a wild possiblity we've seen this "gate and tree" in one of your
countryside wanderings?

A fine photograph. Well done, but then you make them all look so simple to
shoot, when in reality it's not easy to find the right composition and have
the most effective light. As I've said before, "Damn yer good!" :-)
ted

Hi Ted,
Thank you for your kind comments. You are right about seeing the location
before, I am a regular around those cedars. They are not common in these
parts and I love their shape so they get shot a lot :-)
Previous attempts are listed below. There are a a couple of Olympus shots in
there, one of which (#9) was taken at the same time as the Leica shot. More
controversially one of them was shot with a noctilux in full sun, it is my
'standard lens' on the M2
http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Easton_Maudit.html
http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Easton_Maudit2.html
http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Easton_Maudit3.html