Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 27: Eurocopa and pool monsters
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Jul 3 09:26:34 2004

This weekend the Euro 2004 tournament comes to an end, with the
Portugal-Greece final tomorrow night. It has been wonderful to watch it,
particularly since I watched many of the games in good company in
Seville. So this week I give you three pictures from about 10 days ago
(but I only got the film this week), when Germany was playing the Czech
Republic and Holland was playing Latvia at the same time. The Czechs had
already qualified for the quarterfinals, and either Germany or Holland
would accompany them. I watched the Germany-Czech Republic game at
Madigan's, an Irish pub near my office in Seville. Just as the game was
about to start, a mixed Dutch-German group came in to watch the game.
Most of them were Dutch, but the boyfriend of the blond girl was German,
so here she is helping him with some last-minute face painting:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_27.jpg

Concentrated on the game:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_27alt1.jpg

and celebrating a short-lived German comeback (in the end the Czechs won
the game and Germany was eliminated):
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_27alt2.jpg

The above 3 pictures with the CL, 40mm Summicron, on Tri-X. A bit
grainier than usual--the light was crap, and I also may have messed up
some of the controls in the newly aquired Photoshop CS (especially the
shadows/highlight).

The last two are from my friend's visit last weekend. In last week's
PAW, I showed you the pictures he took from the swimming pool of my
snarling dog--well, here he is taking those pictures:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_27alt3.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_27alt4.jpg

These two with the M6, 90mm Apo, also on Tri-X.

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands