Subject: [Leica] E6 slidefilm processed in C41! Arghhh!
From: vze2myh5 at verizon.net (Stan Yoder)
Date: Mon Jul 5 07:24:18 2004

Having returned from a trip to Ireland and Scotland, I submitted six rolls
of Provia 100F (exposed
by an M2 and a IIIF, to keep on-topic) to the caring hands of our
supermarket chain, each envelope
clearly marked "E6 slidefilm." The processor was Fuji in Mansfield, OH. Five
came back OK, but the
sixth? Well......they missed my notation and it went through C41. Has that
ever happened to any of you?

Intelesting results, for sure: negative transparencies, looking pretty much
like color negs but
without the orange mask. I scanned a few into Photoshop, inverted and
jinkied the color, primarily
reducing yellow and green. Prints are passable - good enough for the wife's
print album of the trip.

Fuji did call me and apologize, mounted the 'slides,' and included a roll of
Superia 200 and a
voucher for free processing of our next PRINT roll (for the wife, that.)

I've never made a mistake in my life! :-). Why did Fuji have to? With MY
roll, yet? :-) again.

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh

BTW, I'm going to buy some of those day-glow-orange self-adhesive labels for
future slide rolls.

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] E6 slidefilm processed in C41! Arghhh!)