Subject: [Leica] E6 slidefilm processed in C41! Arghhh!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jul 5 10:03:45 2004

Stan Yoder asked:
> Having returned from a trip to Ireland and Scotland, I submitted six rolls
of >Provia 100F (exposed by an M2 and a IIIF, to keep on-topic) to the
caring >hands of our supermarket chain, each envelope clearly marked "E6
>slidefilm." The processor was Fuji in Mansfield, OH. Five came back OK,
>but the sixth? Well......they missed my notation and it went through C41.
Has that ever happened to any of you?<<<<<

Yep! Big time :-(

Hi Stan,

How about 22 rolls of slide film while shooting the Summer Olympics in
Montreal '76 and it was "KODAK!" in the official lab for accredited game
photographers.

They were very apologetic, gave me 2 bricks of replaced film and sent me on
my way. Of course the slide film developed as neg film was of Canada winning
an event and one can't re-shoot that. :-(

Was I mad? Yep, however like they say..."shit happens" and I know the Kodak
techs who made the mistake felt worse than I did as they thought they'd be
fired and sent home in disgrace.

So it happens in the best of families. :-(

ted