Subject: [Leica] Hunstanton Norfolk #6
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Jul 5 13:09:14 2004

I didn't go to the last Apollo launch and I've deeply regretted it
ever since. I was in the Navy in Pascagoula, MS. It was a goodly drive
over to the Cape and I couldn't find anyone else who wanted to split
the driving. To FEEL a Saturn 5 lift off -- what a great experience
that would have been.

I think back to Ted Grant's advice to me about a photo of a
searchlight through trees that I was trying for last week -- I was
responding to the motion. A launch is about motion and sound as well
as the pure visual element.

The closest I've come is an IMAX film of a launch which was pretty
impressive.

And the only real note-worthy event in aviation - space history I've
seen was the landing of "Voyager" when it completed its non-stop
around the world flight at Edwards AFB. THAT was neat. My kids all
remember that, talking about "will we see it" and then my son pointing
"There it is!" as it began to circle. They had to work down the
landing gear as I recall. Great thing to have seen.