Subject: [Leica] Advice on monitors, computers & scanners needed
From: kenf01 at gmail.com (Ken Firestone)
Date: Tue Jul 6 11:01:35 2004

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:10:28 -0500, Robert Palmieri <rpalmier@depaul.edu>
wrote:
> Folks -
>
> Well, it's time to admit that my Mac G3 with 17'' CRT, 2700ppi Canon
> scanner and Epson 1270 need to be replaced.
>
> I'm gonna try to stick with the Mac thing and am considering this latest
> Epson Perfection 4800ppi scanner, but I need some good advice on how to
> manage the ever-elusive task of getting great computer gear that will
> carry me through the next 5 years while cheaping out shamelessly.
>
> I throw myself at the mercy of the list...

You might want to check out the Apple Special Deal Page:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71307/wo/iK4MiqhKELN32sXItO92EaCptD6/0.0.7.1.0.6.13.0.4.0.0.0.0.3.1.1.0?78,71

Refurbished and out of date equipment. And you might want to think
about a Powerbook, with an external monitor and keyboard/mouse. All
kinds of flexibility.

-
Ken Firestone, W3CAT    Kerry-Courage under fire.
kenf01@gmail.com          Bush-Driving under the influence.
kenf@speakeasy.net