Subject: [Leica] Dimes For Hunger
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Jul 10 19:14:38 2004

At 06:24 PM 7/10/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Tina
>
>I have seen the pictures you post on the Web.  I have never seen any of the
>pictures you have identified as being shown at your fund-raising shows.

Marc -

The photos that you see on the web are the same ones that I include in my
slide shows.  I live with families for a week or so and photograph their
daily lives to show the people here who do not get a chance to travel to
Central America how their money is being used to improve the lives of the
people in Honduras and Guatemala.  We work with self-development
organizations to teach agriculture and animal husbandry using appropriate
technology for the areas that we support.  Our presbytery also sends
medical brigades to the communities that are working with Heifer Project
International and we spend one or two days teaching the local health
promoters basic first aid and how to use the book "Where There Is No
Doctor"   The next two or three days the local health promoter work with
the doctors in clinics to provide basic health care for all of the
surrounding communities.

We have definitely noticed a dramatic difference in the communities that
work with HPI.  However, the biggest differences actually occur in the
lives of the people that I take with me to Honduras and Guatemala.  For
more than 15 years, every single person who has gone with me has gone on to
work for development programs through their churches or other developmental
agencies.  They have all - every single one- said that the trips have been
a life-changing experience and every person has said that they would go
again any time.

I can see and photograph the difference that we are making in communities
in Honduras and Guatemala, but I know that the biggest differences are
happening here with the people who have gone to Central America with
me.  Over 200 people have gone with me.

Want to go?  I'll take anybody, anytime.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Dimes For Hunger)
Message from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Dimes For Hunger)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: Background music for slide shows)
Message from jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB) ([Leica] Re: Background music for slide shows)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Background music for slide shows)
Message from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Dimes For Hunger)