Subject: [Leica] Hunstanton Norlfolk #13
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Sun Jul 11 09:55:06 2004

>That'll teach him to read his tide tables before he leaves home!

Reminds me of the time we were hung up at the mouth of the Deben River.
Short version: We went fishing on the North Sea in a 20' Boston Whaler
with a 55 HP outboard motor and a 6 HP trolling motor. The big engine
died and we were left with only the trolling motor. The tide ( IIRC, it
was a 5.0 tide....... VERY strong & swift) was going out as we entered
the mouth of the Deben River and the trolling motor would barely hold us
in position. Then it conked out and we were stranded on a small spit of
land just off-shore. The Life Boat Service was called but we got the
motor running again and managed to make shore. Quite an adventure!

Once again, Graham. Nice shot....... I like the cloud formation and the
fellow's leg position suggests movement.

Walker