Subject: [Leica] Summilux Asph arrives
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Mon Jul 12 18:08:08 2004

>Well the old QC bugaboo of a stiff focus ring is also there: sigh.

Given the choice of a stiff focus or one that is too easy, I'll take the
stiff lens every time..... unless it's completely out of reason, of
course. I once sold an Olympus 75~150 zoom lens for my OM because it was
waaaaaaaay too easy and focus would shift just thinking about it. A
stiff lens may - as you suggest - smooth out over time and with use but
I don't know what can be done to tighten one that's too easy to turn.
Perhaps a re-lube with a stiffer grease?

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Summilux Asph arrives)