Subject: [Leica] Leica Digital M LCD Monitor
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sun Jul 11 17:16:34 2004

>What I'm really interested in is the quality of the real-time LCD monitor on
>the back of the digital M (if possible, tho LCD monitor is not real-time in
>the Nikon D70 DSLR that I'm presently using for digital work). The quality
>of
>the LCD monitor would make the digital M supreme, in that we would have the
>speed of an RF with the compositional accuracy of a reflex viewfinder. I
>hope
>Leica R&D would spend a lot of effort on that large, clear and
>bright LCD monitor.

I strongly doubt that Leica would use a real-time LCD monitor on
their  Digital-M.  The design of CCD/CMOS cihps for real-time vs.
synchronous are different, and you get higher quality with the chips
that can only take one picture at a time.

It'll be interesting, however, to see if Leica adopts the analogue
shutter mechanism such as in the Digital-Bessa (aka Epson R-D1).

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura