Subject: [Leica] Reality Check re: Digital vs Film vs Cost
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Wed Jul 14 02:31:16 2004

Maybe the % of non-pro photographers that shoot 120 or 220 (or even 35mm)
and that take photography seriously (as opposed to family-holidays-... point
and shooters) is a bit too small to keep the traditonal film factories
turning?

The majority of people that take photos don't care about the quality most in
this forum are talking about. They don't even know such a quality exists,
and certainly won't spot the difference.

So even your well thought strategy of making a top notch scanner would only
interest a very small amount of people, I'm afraid.

I'm not saying that analog will disappear completely, but I do think that it
will become a medium used by a minority of people, who will be paying a lot
more for it than they do now.

But then again, what's wrong with that? ;)
---