Subject: [Leica] The Barnack Award, or bubble gum photography!
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Wed Jul 14 15:01:04 2004

 >>  I found nothing that attracted me. "Not in the
audience" I guess. <<

Adam:

I did go to art school and I agree with you.

BUT, what we think of it, doesn't invalidate it.

Jim

I admit that after looking through the images - and they aren't big
enough to really see - I found nothing that attracted me. "Not in the
audience" I guess. I don't know why this images, which feel cold and
distant, should be of value unless those who view them believe they
stand above and beyond their subjects with a certain kind of cool
hauteur.

Oh well. I didn't go to art school. What do I know?

Adam