Subject: [Leica] Citizenship
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Jul 15 13:35:17 2004

Hi Tina,

I was sworn in as a US citizen in Jacksonville, Florida in 1987. The
extent of the ceremony varies widely. In my case it was quite low-key;
we were about 20-30 new citizens, and everything took place in the
judge's chambers. As far as I recall, there were people there with P&S
cameras taking pictures.

Other ceremonies are much more elaborate, sometimes even held in sports
arenas and the like--I am sure that on such occasions photography is
definitely permitted. If I were you I would take the risk and bring your
camera(s). These are festive, non-confrontational occasions, and I think
most judges enjoy doing these proceedings and would not mind photography.

Nathan