Subject: [Leica] Canadian vs. German Leica Lenses
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Jul 16 06:09:03 2004

Paula asked:
>I am about to purchase my first used Leica lens, a 50mm Summicron M. I
> am wondering whether there a difference in the quality of lenses made in
> Canada vs. those made in Germany?<<,,,

G'day Paula,
Absolutely no difference whatsoever. No matter which Leica lens you come
across made in Canada or Germany.

Some times you'll find a Lens made in Canada at a better price because the
seller thinks it's not as well made as those made in Germany, there isn't
and the price is the only difference.

Go for it and have fun shooting with a leica.
ted

Replies: Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] Canadian vs. German Leica Lenses)