Subject: [Leica] Decisions
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat Jul 17 22:20:17 2004

on 7/17/04 10:17 PM, Jon at jon.stanton@comcast.net wrote:

> Doug,
> Thanks for the reply....90 is Pre-APO,  The Camera is an R8....Purposes are
> Fine Art, Models, BW and color. The question is from a pro that has
> recently
> moved Contax to Leica...(I agree with you on the 90)  Jon

Jon, shortly after I purchased the 100 APO I wondered out loud (on some
e-mail list) if I ought to exchange the 90 for the 80 as my speed lens, and
the responses were a resounding NO... unless your friend really needs the
speed of the 80.  The 90 'cron's character is hard to beat: gently sharp at
full aperture, improving at medium apertures to rivalling the 90 Elmarit-R,
bokeh to die for, excellent flare control and color rendition.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com