Subject: Nathan's Canon (WAS: [Leica] PAWS 27 and 28)
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue Jul 20 01:30:40 2004

Daniel,
I know there is software influence in digital cameras however it is
very clear in the pictures I take on my 10D whether the lens is good or
bad. I will not bore you with a list but the most notable was the
difference between a Sigma 18-35 zoom and the Canon one I replaced it
with. I did not use this type of lens much on film and its lack of
performance had never been clear until I used it with a digital camera.
I am talking about wider apertures of course stopped down lenses differ
very little IME.
Frank