Subject: [Leica] I'm back, with more than a few pics
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Thu Jul 22 21:31:27 2004

Hi Clive
Even though it most have been emotionally hard to visit a place were your
grandparents were killed you have managed to come up with many lovely and
"warm" pictures describing a country strugling to get up and going after
years of soviet dominans and a chaotic transaction into liberal economi. I
have tried digital and I would not have darred to rely on it for an
important once in a lifetime trip like this - you are brave!  I know many
people that have been affected by the horrible war loosing many of their
relatives and its hard to se pictures describing the places they lived or se
the pain in the faces of the survivers - you did capture that very fine and
the old photo of smiling young Marie Golding was as a contrast perhaps
something that made the impact of your picture even greater. A very fine
piece of work - great to know that even more ar comming - best Ruben