Subject: [Leica] More RD-1 Samples
From: banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche)
Date: Fri Jul 23 18:51:25 2004

Using the translation feature in Apple's Sherlock, it seems that only
RAW capture is possible at this time, that they are working on the JPG
and that you need Photoshop 7. YHere is the translation of the first
and last few paragraphs:

"However, still with the ? machine, only the photographing with RAW is
the limited edition which becomes OK when photographing. Therefore you
use EPSON Photolier of the development software and JPEG (AdobeRGB) to
convert, you publish the tone curve and the image which did sharp Ness
and the color spatial conversion etc. to sRGB with Photoshop. We would
like you to acknowledge at this point in time beforehand.

In regard to the development software, Photolier which moves
independently is good, but there is a difficulty in Plug-in for
Photoshop. Unless with either what you say is version 7.0 or more, it
does not move. 7.0 Above, version we would like to raise the
performance which is not relation in retouch of the photograph, but
the atmosphere which is attached for the sake of. Also operation hangs
to be heavy may be the buggy. Because of this 6.0 is regularly used as
a writer. If function there is no problem, we would like you to
correspond to also 6.0 by all means.

In regard to Photolier, if it is possible, we want the tone curve. As
for parameter of development when it experimented various types, as
for those which are other than standard value, contrast: 2 noise
decreases: 2 edge enhancements: -5 it probably is the feeling which
was said? Especially because edge enhancement is emphasized when
standard value 0 is, rather, when resize is prerequisite, ??? is
conspicuous. It expands doing, it reduces doing, after compensating,
UnsharpMask to do, it is better to necessary size.

In regard to JPEG, it is thought that still it is in the midst of
tuning, but if it is the camera of this class, the color space should
correspond to also AdobeRGB in addition to sRGB. With say, usually as
for many operating RAW development seriously only JPEG for the writer
who is not used even with high ended single-lens reflex after a long
time is. Modifying various parameters, being to be able to make the
picture freely, it is funny.

In regard to exposure, if on under side -0.7, on over side +0.3 ranges
about nature without impairing picture quality, when developing it is
revision possible. Those which are revised even in the latest work
example are several dots. As for development parameter although it is
it has been decided, various patterns have existed together."

I don't have experience judging digital pictures. I think it is a great
option for anyone who wants to use his/her Leica lenses on digital. Of
course the cost is high, but coming 2 years ahead of the digital M
seems a huge advantage. If this is half the price of the Digital Module
R, maybe it makes twice as much sense for Leica lovers.