Subject: [Leica] More RD-1 Samples
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Fri Jul 23 20:41:42 2004

There is a whole forum thread devoted to the custom curves at
nikonians.com - basically you can edit the curve if you have Nikon
Capture software and upload it to your camera. Nikon made the default
curve something based on a 12% gray reading so most images are dark by
default. Supposedly this is so that snapshot takers will generally get
it right - or some such nonsense. Editing your own custom curve, or
bracketing and also addresses the color representation to your liking.
I have two curves - one that is my basic adjustment from 12% to 18%
and one that attempts to produce the saturation of a velvia-like film.

Cheers,

Dave