Subject: [Leica] Hints on Jobo auto processing.
From: rolfe.tessem at gmail.com (Rolfe Tessem)
Date: Sat Jul 24 20:26:35 2004

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:08:55 -0700, Adam Bridge <abridge@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's the ATL-1000, Frank. And thanks for not only the advice but the
> pointer to the JOBO web site as well.
>
> One thing I have discovered is that the pre-recorded processing cycle
> on the 1000 doesn't include a time for perma-wash. I think I can
> upgrade the computer to the 1500 from some not-too-terrible fee and
> then able to change this, but I'll see if JOBO has a recommendation
> first.
>
> Adam
>
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:42:29 -0700, Frank Filippone
> <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Watch out for developer ( or fixer) exhaustion.  While the tank may hold
> > 10
> > rolls of film, the developer may require 200mL per roll to not exhaust.
> > The
> > tank will only hold ( I don;t know, use this as an example only) 1L of
> > solution.... so you would need 2L to do the 10 rolls, while your
> > capacity is
> > only 1L.... you are liimited to 5 rolls......  You get the idea?
> >
> > Which processor.... It sounds like a ATL1000 or bigger?
> >
> > Read the CURRENT JOBO directions on their WEB Site.... it has a lot of
> > tips.....
> >
> > Frank Filippone
> > red735i@earthlink.net

Adam,

I've been using an ATL-1000 for several years and have never missed
the perma-wash thing. If you really want to do it, just do it off
processor in some kind of tupperware container.

*But*, this processor does require a tempered water supply, certainly
for C-41 and E6. For C-41, the Tetenal 2-step process is the one you
want to use, and very cost-effective. For some reason Tetenal has
raised the price of their E6 stuff so that it is no longer competitive
with the Kodak 5 liter kit, so I now use that, despite the fact that
it is much less convenient to mix up in one liter amounts.

Beware that using one of these processors will spoil you for doing it
any other way :-).

Rolfe

--
Rolfe Tessem