Subject: [Leica] More RD-1 Samples
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jul 25 12:29:43 2004

 Feli said:
> Another reason why I wish there will be a full frame M.<<<<<<

B. D. Colen responded
> Well,I'd like a full-size sensor just so I could use my lenses as
> designed. But you don't need a full-size sensor to get high quality
> images.<<<<<<<<

So gentlemen do I understand this correctly?

A:
the small size sensor is still capable of excellent quality capture, however
it doesn't allow for a full 35mm frame as we expose on film? And this is why
a 21mm lens becomes a 35? or whatever?

B:
There is a design or production problem in making a full size 35mm sensor
due to the light capture capabilities as it comes through the lens?

Therefore the sensor is the biggest problem with this whole digi camera and
using our existing lenses to their fullest with anything other than a full
size 35mm sensor?

So how am I doing?

And it's not likely the new digital M whatever, will have a 35mm size
sensor, but the one it does will still produce extremely fine re-productions
with only some loss of lens coverage?

I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible and like one step at a time.
So please don't get into techie jargon or the whole exercise is going to go
down the tube from not understanding the words.

over to you folks, thank you.  KISS IT! :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] More RD-1 Samples)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] More RD-1 Samples)
Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] More RD-1now answers to Ted)