Subject: [Leica] Grafton Regis Northamptonshire #3
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Thu Jul 29 11:59:40 2004

Graham,

Thanks for the reply and know just what you mean. I live
in the mountains of western New Jersey and there is very
little to shoot around here. :-) I must try a lot harder on my
days off in future.

A friend returning from the U.K. recently stated that he could
not see how to take a bad picture there, to which I commented,
"unless you are English". Another English Leica photographer
I know calls this effect "habituation".

Really like this last picture of yours too. The barge is in just
the right spot and the foreground gives it context and has
those lovely, rich textures of grasses and trees. What do you
pay for clouds per hour? :-) I only know a few aqueducts. There
is one on I believe the A3400 going up towards Birmingham
and just above Henley-in-Arden which looks just like a rail
bridge over the road except that there is a pub on the right on
the canal with a nautical name to tip you off. Never seen a
narrowboat on it, but will wager a few tourists have been
shocked to see this!

Was there last month for the annual Morgan gathering which
was held in Oswestry this year. One of the activities was a
dinner over the Telford Aqueduct near Llangollen. That thing
is nearly 200 years old and is very, very high. There were
lots of people there with mini-digicams and cardboard cameras
and I was barely able to grab this shot which attracted a little
interest on the Leica Forum. My amateur efforts lack the care
and large format look of yours however. Must not have the
patience. <http://gallery.leica-users.org/album24/LUG6>
M7, 28 ASPH, Royal Supra 200 Professional. I can mainly
only take pictures on holiday, so my snaps are important
to me.

Please keep posting all your lovely English "eye candy"
Really enjoyed the fields and distant church spire you
posted earlier today. Tough choice, but I think I liked the
first shot best.

Regards,

William