Subject: [Leica] Feel Lucky, Punk?: Expired Fuji Film FS
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat Jul 31 20:02:00 2004

At 08:53 PM 7/31/04 -0500, Jeffery Smith wrote:
>My beef is that the Republicans and Democrats feel that they must hold
>mutually exclusive views, which puts them at opposite poles, i.e., way
>to the left or way to the right. To me, that makes voting little more
>than the lesser of the two evils. I wish there were a good
>middle-of-the-road Independent that wasn't a kook like Nader or Perot. I
>sort of liked John Anderson way back when.

Jeffery

As a rational anarchist, I can honestly say that none of the national US
parties advocate my spin on things.  Still, I will cheerfully vote this
November for my Republican congressman who does me the courtesy of sending
me three-page letters whenever I suggest that he do something outre such as
sponser the Fair Tax Act.

But, in the end, if you find the Republicans "too far to the right" (gag
me!  the Republicans have never been a right-wing party and have never
advocated true right-wing policies) and the Democrat Party "too far to the
left" (with the same caveat:  I can introduce you to dozens of folks who
find the Democrat party mainstream and nothing more), then form your own
party and run for office yourself.  This truly is a case of put up or shut
up.

Imagine, the "Great American Middlin' Mish-Mash Party" with its candidate
for office, Jeffrey Smith, the man who stands for nothing ... and
contemplate how well that one would fly in our Arena of Ideas.  (And recall
that most telling of comments, from that epic social critic of our times,
Jefferson Davis Futch III:  'the Middle of the Road is inhabited by yellow
streaks and dead skunks".)

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!