Subject: [Leica] Feel Lucky, Punk?: Expired Fuji Film FS
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat Jul 31 20:26:34 2004

At 10:33 PM 7/31/04 -0400, Scott McLoughlin wrote:

>But needless military interventionism is a waste
>of human lives along with my tax dollars, and is a
>sure fire way to lose my vote.

We do agree on this.  But the alternative is for the US to return to its
pre-1947 position of honest neutrality in Middle Eastern affairs and this
might well be impossible for domestic reasons.  (Bush or Kerry, it doesn't
matter:  either would LOVE to do this but it is not possible in today's
domestic political environment.)

Bush inherited a rum hand from Clinton -- do you realize that the Sudanese
government arrested Osama Bin Ladin at one point and offered him to us, and
that Clinton declined the offer? -- and his prompt reaction to what
occurred on 11 SEP 01 is remarkable, albeit much of it is, in the end,
bogus:  the creation of this bizarre Homeland Security Department is the
sort of thing which would have caused Joseph G?bbels and Heinrich Himmler
to get their rocks off albeit we seem to have forgotten the dictates of the
US Constitution along the way.

I fear for the Great Republic but, then, I did predict, back in 1964, that
I would be one of the last voices speaking out for civil rights and respect
for the rights of the citizens.  And, forty years later, I still feel the
same.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!