Subject: [Leica] Feel Lucky, Punk?: Expired Fuji Film FS
From: daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat Jul 31 23:07:25 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Jeffery Smith wrote:

> My beef is that the Republicans and Democrats feel that they must hold
> mutually exclusive views, which puts them at opposite poles, i.e., way
> to the left or way to the right.

I don't know much about Republicans or Democrats. Been gone too long and I
don't want to get involved in political controversy.

I just have a tidbit of curiosa. The Democrats and Republicans are
described as having polar views (does that make them "bipolar" :) ) ...
but from a European perspective, it doesn't really appear that way. They
seem to be pretty much cut from the same pattern. The issues seem to boil
down to personality contests and not anything substantial.

But back to the "polar extremes". There is a Swedish party that visited
the Democratic convention. Parties do this as a courtesy thing by
invitation.

The Swedish party that visited the convention is what we regard as part of
the right wing block. They would never accept a label of being "left". At
best, they are categorized as "middle", but there are only right wing
parties in the middle, no left wing parties.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Feel Lucky, Punk?: Expired Fuji Film FS)