Subject: [Leica] Re: Magnum photo essay
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Mon Aug 2 17:08:23 2004

B.D.:

>I have to say, at the risk of pissing people off, that I find it really
>appalling that anyone would refuse to register at a newspaper site in
>order to read or see something they want to read or see - isn't it
>enough that it's FREE?

As long as they're just wanting to keep a count of unique visitors or
whatever, why do they need an email address?

Along the same lines, I like this place for registering with "temporary"
email addresses:

http://www.mailinator.net/

For myself, I've registered at the NY Times, Washington Post, and LA Times.
Oh, yeah...and the Miami Herald to get my Dave Barry fix.  Any place else,
and I'll either retrieve the story from the google cache or use one of the
more common "universal" sign ons...like cyberpunk@cyberpunk.com with a
passwork of cyberpunk.  Any place that I don't visit on a regular basis
isn't worth the 5 minutes filling out the registration form and then having
to wait another 10 to get email to continue on to the article that I'll
spend 30 seconds skimming and won't get past the 3rd paragraph, anyway.  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Message from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Magnum photo essay)