Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome 200/ Purple spots on developed slides?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Aug 3 08:30:54 2004

At 11:23 AM 8/3/2004, you wrote:
>Martin,
>  I had the same thing happen to me with two rolls of K64. I sent some
>sample slides back to Dwayne's Photo and they sent them off to Kodak for
>analysis. I will post their response below. I guess you would call it more
>of a hypothesis than anything else.  I will say that the spots on my slide
>were not regularly patterned so you may have something different to contend
>with than I did.
>Joe

This is not a "one time glitch"!  I had so many problems with Kodachrome
developing after Qualex took over that I quit using Kodachrome.  They were
routinely ruining about 40% of what I sent them.  A lot of them had the
purple spots, others were cut between the frames, others had dust, dirt,
fingerprints and fibers dried into the emulsion.  Their response was to
send me replacement rolls of film.  Of course, that doesn't pay for the
time and expense of reshooting everything.  Never again!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com