Subject: [Leica] decline in LUG membership
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Mon Aug 9 11:05:27 2004

Is there a seasonal statistic about membership ? I'm sure it drops off
during the summer vacation
season.

About the move to digital, are people really (at least people who are
Leicaphile enough to post here)
dumping their Leica gear in order to go digital ? I think not, I still
use anything I can get my hands on
which is suited to the weight to be carried, the situation, the weather
etc, etc and this varies from
Rollei Medium Format,Canon RF,Canon AF Film,Canon AF  Digital, Yashica
/Contax and, of course, Leica RF
and SLR - Horses for courses.
The last time I gave up on a camera was the Rollei SL2000F, a couple
of old Zeiss's and a Mamiya 220f which were sold in to finance an M2.

Might be interesting to hear whether anyone here is thinking of
changing,or has changed, for reasons digital.
Douglas