Subject: [Leica] Re: Photogs re-buying Leicas
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Mon Aug 9 19:00:02 2004

Tim Atherton wrote:

> That said, in the few days since HCB went to the
> darkroom in the sky

I've checked and have been assured there is no
darkroom up there. For that you've got to go down to
the other place, where the ventilation is so poor
you're breathing sulphurous fumes all the time.

(I always suspected darkroom work was a special hell
for those burned evil.)

No, what HC-B's swimming in now is the purest clear
light  no one has ever imagined. It's E.I. 6 all the
time and nobody ever bothers souping the stuff. They
just keep on shooting into infinity.

And you never need a 50/1 'cause there ain't no noctis
(lente lente curite noctis equi). No SLRs allowed
because the Big Boss hates that mirror blackout. He
leaves those slapping one-eyed vibration beasts to the
guy with the pitchfork.

Of course, the M3 is His favourite, for obvious
reasons.

And HC-B feels right at home, G-d bless him. I bet
they're trading favourite decisive moment stories
right now, while we sit here at our computers.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal