Subject: [Leica] Ah yes, weddings again
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed Aug 11 09:58:57 2004

Nice work, Jerry.  My one suggestion is to bring up the midtones and
whites a bit with curves.  They just need a little more "snap."  Hard in a
dimly-lit restaurant, I know.  If I'd shot this situation with film, I'd
have used Tri-X, maybe pushed to 800 for a little extra contrast and
shorter shutter speeds.

Did you shoot in the LC-1's B&W mode, or convert color pics to B&W later?
Any post processing or noise reduction?

The B&Ws at ISO 400 actually looks a lot like ISO 400 film on the screen.
I wonder if they will maintain that quality if the whites and midtones are
brightened and the pics printed at 8x10. If so, that LC-1 is a viable
camera for reasonable available light.

--Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

Replies: Reply from jsjgroups at gmail.com (Jerry Justianto) ([Leica] Ah yes, weddings again)