Subject: [Leica] Ah yes, weddings again
From: jsjgroups at gmail.com (Jerry Justianto)
Date: Wed Aug 11 19:08:37 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:58:40 -0700 (PDT), Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
wrote:

> Did you shoot in the LC-1's B&W mode, or convert color pics to B&W later?
> Any post processing or noise reduction?

All B&W pictures are from LC1-s BW mode.
Most of the pictures pass the MINOR histogram adjustment.  Except for:
the "Speechless: which using special gaugasion effect for some area
and "Two Flowers" which sandwitching two pictures.

> The B&Ws at ISO 400 actually looks a lot like ISO 400 film on the screen.
> I wonder if they will maintain that quality if the whites and midtones are
> brightened and the pics printed at 8x10. If so, that LC-1 is a viable
> camera for reasonable available light.

Right, the grainy is more look like a film grain.
Read that in
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/leica-digilux2-part1.shtml

"Unlike the noise I've seen from many digital cameras, including the
Leica Digilux 1, the noise in the Digilux 2 ISO 400 files is not
"electronic- looking" and I would not hesitate to use ISO 400 for
files that might become exhibition prints (just as I've never
hesitated to use fast film, with its grain, when needed). "

But I still need the ISO 800 or above, considering the lense work at
only 2.4 in 90mm (35mm equivalent).