Subject: [Leica] more questions
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Aug 12 17:19:15 2004

I'd recommend Leica if:

(1) they could afford it

(2) they had absolutely no issues with the cost
(or DIY labor) of film processing and printing

(3) they clearly cared about quality, wanted
to make enlargements, etc.

(4) anticipated doing the kind of shooting where
a RF and bright line VF made sense.

(5) wanted an exchangable lens camera in a
relatively small package (fits in purse or brief
case, for example)

(6) wanted manual focus and exposure control
(vs. a G2 based system, for example).

(7) wanted to "buy into" a system they could live
with for a long, long time, ala, Leica's conservative
design philosophy.

Otherwise, they should get an SLR, DSLR, Contax
G2 or Digital P&S :-)

Scott