Subject: [Leica] R8+Kodachrome 25: the last hurrah
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Aug 15 00:08:38 2004

I just received back what is almost certainly the last roll of
Kodachrome 25 I will ever shoot (since I just sold off my remaining
stash of it). It is also the last roll I shot with the R8 before selling
it. The glorious lens that captured those images, the 100mm Apo Macro,
is now shod with a Gandy adapter and lives on as part of my Canon DSLR
outfit.

The first two are flowers in my garden; the third is my wife engaged in
our usual summer afternoon/evening activity: sipping a rum & Coke or
some such while enjoying the weather. This last image also illustrates
the problems of K25--I cannot for the life of me get decent skin tones
in that photo. For the flower shots this is not a problem, but for the
portrait it is. This is where the degree of control offered by a RAW
file really shines.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/wajsman/image-71673.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/wajsman/image-71672.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/wajsman/image-71674.html