Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 33: Back to Seville and Tri-X
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Aug 15 23:24:34 2004

Even though I no longer make weekly trips to Spain, I still do go
occasionally, including a trip to Seville and Lisbon last week. My Canon
DSLR stayed at home; as is my habit when travelling on business, the
tiny Domke bag with the two CLs was my outfit on this trip. So here are
six images from Spain.

Every neighbourhood in Seville has its daily food market. I especially
like to visit them early in the morning to see the vendors setting up
for the day. The main picture is a butcher at the Mercado de San Gonzalo:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_33.jpg

Another of my favourite activities in Seville is...you guessed
it...going to neighbourhood bars after a long day at the office. The
next two images are from such bars, both with a canine subtext:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_33alt1.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_33alt2.jpg

Besides bars, another ubiquitous sight in Seville and other Spanish
cities is the lottery vendor--playing the lottery is hugely popular in
Spain. Notice the picture of Virgin Mary--another thing you see
everywhere in Seville.
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_33alt3.jpg

Finally, the last two images were taken along the motorway A92 from
Malaga to Seville. It is a beautiful drive, especially the first 100 km
or so, when the road traverses some mountains and there are nice views
of typical Andalusian landscapes and villages, like these two images
taken near the town of Antequera:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_33alt4.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_33alt5.jpg

All pictures with CL on Tri-X, the first four with the 40mm Summicron,
the last two with the 90mm Elmar C plus red filter.

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands