Subject: [Leica] evening ...more clouds
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 12:10:41 2004

Doug

Well so far the camera has kept significantly cooler than the internal car
temperature.  I went this way as the lubricants were getting runny with the
camera just in its bag in the car and was very hot.  I take the camera out
of the cooler every night and take it into the house, which also allows the
inside of the cooler to cool off over night.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>           |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           08/18/2004 12:25 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

Walker Smith <doubs43@cox.net> wrote:

>>Go out and buy one of those $5 styrofoam coolers, that is what I keep my
>>M6TTL and lenses in, out in the car.
>>
> Gene, that's an excellent idea. With limited space behind my pickup's
> front seat, I now use a small box padded with bubble wrap. I like the
> cooler idea as it may help ward off the Summer heat which can get fierce
> in middle GA this time of year.
>
> Walker

Once it has become heat-soaked the cooler will also keep the camera HOT so
unless you like baked film and runny lubricants I suggest you open the
cooler whenever it's hotter inside the cooler than the ambient air in the
truck.  In humid climates you might have problems with condensation when
you take the cool camera outside.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com