Subject: [Leica] Leica Digital R
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 06:26:54 2004

According to the article, it will cock the shutter just as if it had a
motor drive via the power pack.  Looks like a winner to me.  Now how to get
the money, an R8 and have it all delivered prior to the trip in early
December. ;-)  I guess I could get mine over there, Assuming the wife would
not kill me first. ;-)

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>               |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           08/18/2004 06:55 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
              |
  |       cc:
              |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Leica] Leica Digital R
              |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

>I'm glad they have the ISO up to 1600 and with the 1.3x I'll have the
>world's sharpest 130mm APO lens! Burst rate looks slow but without
>autofocus this isn't a sports camera anyway. Although it would be nice
>to know how many RAW images you can shoot consecutively at what rate
>without stopping - as in working portraiture for example.

I wonder if you'll have to cock the shutter manually (as in the Epson
R-D1) or if the Digital-R back will also have a built-in motor to
wind the shutter mechanism. If you have to manually cock it, then 2
fps isn't a big deal. If it's a motor drive, then 2fps will seem
agonizingly slow on occasion.

Karen
--
Karen Nakamura